There are as many ways to eat dumplings as there are people in China.
No matter how you choose to cook your dumplings, it’s good, easy and fun to eat them with different sides.
Steamed broccoli or edamame beans with a little garlic oil and flake salt are highly recommended on the side.
- Use a pot that fits the size of your steam basket. Fill half the pot with water.
- When the water boils, place the steam basket with a lid, on top of the pot.
- Let steam for about 7 min. Done!
If you are cooking many dumplings you can steam baskets on top of each other. Replace the baskets after half the time and do not forget use your lid. The advantage of steaming your food is that all tastes and vitamins are maintained. Done!
- Add the dumplings to an oiled nonstick pan.
- Fry the undersides golden brown. Lower to medium heat.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons hot water, so that the bottom is only covered. Boil under lid for 5 min.
- Remove the lid and boil off the last water. Done!
Eat with dumpling sides such as:
Cauliflower with lemon, sesame oil and sesame seeds
Haricots with bacon
Steamed broccoli with garlic oil