Make dumplings with tasty kimchi!
Need that extra with your dumplings. Be inspired by amazing @kitchenxperiments. Kimchi is the stuff!
This is what you need to make your very own tasty kimchi to eat with your dumplings:
- Beijing8 Dumplings
- 1 medium head napa cabbage
- 1/4 cup sea salt
- 1 tablespoon grated garlic (5 to 6 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablepoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 4 medium green onions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
How to make the kimchi to your dumplings?
- Cabbage: Cut the cabbage.
- Place the cabbage in a large bowl and sprinkle with the salt. Using your hands, massage the salt into the cabbage until it starts to soften a bit. Add enough water to cover the cabbage. Put a plate on top of the cabbage and weigh it down with something heavy, like a jar or can of beans. Let stand for 1 to 2 hours.
- Rinse the cabbage in cold water. Set aside to drain in a colander for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spice paste: Add the garlic, ginger, sugar, and fish sauce and mix into a paste. Stir in the red chili flakes ; set aside until the cabbage is ready.
- Mix: Gently squeeze any remaining water from the cabbage and add it to the spice paste. Add scallions.
- Pack the kimchi into jars. leaving at least 1 inch of space at the top. Seal the jar.
- Let it ferment for 1 to 5 days in room temperature.
- Check it daily and refrigerate when ready. You may eat it right away, but it’s best after another week or two.
How to cook you dumplings? Klick here.